Drink of the Week: Glazed Donut Cocktail
Glazed Donut Cocktail
- 1.5-2 oz cake-flavored vodka (I used Pinnacle Cake)
- 1 oz creme de cacao
- ½ oz simple syrup
- A few drops vanilla extract (to taste)
- 3 oz half and half
- Donut holes, for garnish
- Vanilla glaze, for rim (recipe follows)
- Sprinkles, for rim
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the glaze by mixing all of the ingredients in a shallow, wide bowl. If too thin, add a bit more confectioner’s sugar. If too thick, add a bit more milk. Once desired consistency is reached, Dip the rim of your glass into the glaze to coat. Flip rim-side up and set down, allowing the glaze to drip a bit. Wait 1 minute, and then dip into the sprinkles. Flip rim side up again and let dry.
- Pour all of the liquid cocktail ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shake well, and then strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Poke a hole in a doughnut hole with a straw and pull the doughnut hole down a few inches from the tip of the straw. Remove the bit of stuck doughnut from the inside of the straw (using the prong of a fork, if necessary) and serve.
For more on this drink click here. I will probably forgo the purchasing of the donut holes to save on calories but I figure this is a nice way to enjoy a dessert in liquid form.