Celebrate National Playdoh Day!
To heck with being an adult, I think we need to celebrate this momentous day.it wasn’t even invented to be a toy, so break it out!
Playdoh was originally a wallpaper cleaning compound, but later discovered to be fun. For adults, it is a favorite for “play therapy” to relieve stress. You can pretty much use anything around the house to create bizarre stuff with it; I’m talking from bottle caps to garlic presses.
To get your creativity going, here is a list of things you can use with playdoh. You jsut need to figure out how.:
- Birthday candles
- Pasta cutting wheels
- Cupcake toppers
- Small plastic animals
- Garlic presses
- Wooden mallets (meat tenderizers)
- Mini muffin tins
- Cookie Cutters
- Rubber stamps (to make impressions)
- Golf tees
- Tinker toys
- Dragon tears (florist marbles)
- Dried corn and dried beans
- Play tools (saws, hammers, screwdrivers…)
- Natural materials like pine cones, flower petals and sticks
If you don’t want to buy the blob of fun, there are several “recipes” for making it online. Just put down that remote when you get home and have some real enjoyment. With Playdoh!